Tuesday, September 25, 2012

In it for the long haul

2 Thessalonians 3: 13 And as for you, brothers and sisters, never tire of doing what is good.

============

 It seemed like nothing was going well for me that year. With bills piled high and demands piling higher, I felt nervous about the future.  Maybe I should be “good” I thought to myself. I mean if GOD see how good I have been then maybe I can be done with this trial. Months later I was still in the trial and I decided to give up on being “good.” I mean what “good” is it anyway?

  • When things are going wrong I look for immediate relief.
  • When things aren’t going the way I want them to I seek a way out of the trial.
  • When things are failing I may consult GOD but not trust HIM enough to let go of the test.

It seems like I start acting “good” when things are difficult. Maybe that’s why I face difficulty more and more. BUT GOD wants me to do “good” whether things are going well or not.

  • When I have plenty GOD wants me to share.
  • When I have few GOD wants me to praise.
  • When I have blessings GOD wants me to show gratitude.
  • When I have failures GOD wants me to seek grace.

“Good” guys actually do finish last but last is the best in GOD’s mind. HE did not find it a problem to become a lowly servant to me and HE wants me to feel the same. Wait a minute, what about healthy competition or fighting back? Well, in every situation I need to carry GOD with me, competing fairly and standing for what is right.

GOD wants me to be “good” showing love to draw people to HIM. I should do what is good not to get my way but for GOD to get HIS way.

  • Are you trying to manipulate GOD by doing good?
  • Are you getting tire of always being the “good” one?
  • Can you stop trying too hard and understand GOD loves your actions, large and small?
  • Won’t you do ”good” strictly to have GOD glorified?

No comments:

Post a Comment