Monday, June 3, 2013

Revenge or grace


Exodus: 22 “If people are fighting and hit a pregnant woman and she gives birth prematurely but there is no serious injury, the offender must be fined whatever the woman’s husband demands and the court allows. 23 But if there is serious injury, you are to take life for life, 24 eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, 25 burn for burn, wound for wound, bruise for bruise.

============

Exhausted from track practice I slumped toward my locker. A football player walking on the opposite direction decided to hit my scrawny frame in the chest. I literally saw glowing things so I know what people mean when they say they saw stars!

This amongst other bullying activities made me life weights. No one was going to push me around anymore!

  • When I get mad I want revenge!
  • When someone does me harm I want to harm them.
  • When I am the target of hatred I want to give them a taste of their own medicine.


After lifting weights and putting on a few muscles I noticed people picking fights rather than letting me have peace. “Should I learn to fight” crossed my mind. BUT GOD wanted me to behave different.

  • GOD wants me to turn rage into Grace for that’s what HE shows me daily.
  • GOD wants me to forgive rather than show revenge for the sole purpose of drawing people to HIM.
  • GOD wants me to bring peace rather than picking fights to demonstrate the same love HE showed me.


GOD created the “revenge laws” AND HE demonstrated the payment for the law by dying for my sins. HE paid the price for all revenge and wants me to show love instead of hatred.

  • Did someone treat you wrong?
  • Are you ready to fight them?
  • Can you stop thinking about the wrong they have done and think about the grace GOD wants you to show?


No comments:

Post a Comment