Joshua 10: 25 Joshua said to them, “Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Be strong and courageous. This is what the Lord will do to all the enemies you are going to fight.”
Staring at the posting, I convinced myself I could not do the job! I mean it seemed too hard and I wasn’t that smart and besides… “what if I fail?”
- I will always be inadequate for a task when I am full of fear.
- I will always be wrong for the job when I am full of doubt.
- I will always be wondering when will I become successful if I never try something out of my comfort zone.
Every time I said “It’s too hard, or I can’t possibly achieve that” I am defeated before I start. I then wonder, “What would have happened if I had tried whatever I didn’t try.” Fear holds me down!
- GOD says to me “Do not be afraid” because HE is with me!
- GOD says to me “Do not be discouraged” because HE is the one with infinite resources.
- GOD says to me “Be strong and courageous” because my weakness is strength as long as I lean on HIS might!
I can’t trust in my own abilities, knowledge, or talent. It is GOD who raises humans up to the positions they strive for so my fear of failure is unwarranted. I must put my trust in GOD and let HIM fight my battles and HE will win and make me prosper.
- What is holding you back?
- Are you fighting a battle that GOD should fight?
- Do you think you can win with your own wit or strength?
- Won’t you believe that GOD will deliver you?
- Can you recognize GOD’s might and seek HIS power?