Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Do not be afraid, do not be discouraged


Joshua 8: Then the Lord said to Joshua, “Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Take the whole army with you, and go up and attack Ai. For I have delivered into your hands the king of Ai, his people, his city and his land.

============

Standing in front of a crowd of people, I muttered the information I knew word for word. You could hear crickets chirping as I delivered my ho-hum class. The first day was finally over and I felt thoroughly discouraged! One person who was with me said “relax and enjoy yourself.”

Years later I understood what he was talking about. When I began enjoying life, it flowed even in the classroom.

  • When I am afraid, I can’t perform.
  • When I am focused on performing, I can’t perform.
  • When I am discouraged, I can’t perform.


When I get so wrapped up in meeting everyone else’s expectations I fall flat on my face. I run after their dreams and realize I can’t run that fast or that long. That’s when I become discouraged. BUT GOD says something different to me.

  • GOD says “Do not be afraid” to me when I have to go on HIS path instead of everyone else’s.
  • GOD says “do not be discouraged” to me when I have to face what seems insurmountable and impossible.
  • GOD says “I will be with you” to me when I feel lost, weak and helpless.


GOD said to Joshua, “I have delivered into your hands” meaning, the battle was already won.  It’s like walking onto the field in any sport knowing you already won, but not in an arrogant way.  GOD has the power to overcome anything. HE wants me to trust that HE has it covered, whatever “it” is.

  • Are you facing something that seems impossible?
  • Does it seem like you are at the end of your rope?
  • Won’t you stop trying to do things under your own power and let GOD work with your plan?
  • Can you focus on something much smaller and let GOD handle the large?


No comments:

Post a Comment