Friday, November 22, 2013

The Craziest Plan

Joshua 6:Have seven priests carry trumpets of rams’ horns in front of the ark. On the seventh day, march around the city seven times, with the priests blowing the trumpets. When you hear them sound a long blast on the trumpets, have the whole army give a loud shout; then the wall of the city will collapse and the army will go up, everyone straight in.”

============

Spreadsheets, calculators and meetings were my tools to predict what “could” happen. Based on past events and current activity, I developed a mitigation plan that was foolproof! I submitted my plan along with my budget requirements.

Months later I had to request more money because my plan didn’t include another department head pouting nor did I foresee one of our suppliers providing inferior parts. My plan was in shambles!

  • GOD laughs at my plans when they don’t include HIM.
  • GOD scoffs at any prediction I make for the future.
  • GOD looks at my pitiful plan and mocks it when I don’t include HIM.


It seems like even the smallest plan I have won’t come to fruition without GOD. I mean I can work my fingers to the bone but without GOD my plans will fail miserably. On the contrary, it seems like GOD’s plans won’t work. I mean pray, wait and watch don’t seem like a good plan. Maybe GOD needs my help.

  • GOD tells me to stand still so I won’t get in the way.
  • GOD tells me to watch HIS deliverance so I won’t think I did the work.
  • GOD tells me to believe and trust in HIM so I won’t try some crazy tactic that HE will have to clean up later.


GOD’s plan sometimes doesn’t make sense to me. HE tells me to give when I don’t have, trust when things are falling apart and believe when I don’t see. I’m not always successful at it but when I do HE blesses me!

  • Are you trying to get out of your trial?
  • Why do you think GOD has you in this trial in the first place?
  • Can you let HIM work HIS plan in you while you remain “anxious for nothing?”
  • Won’t you relax, take a deep breath and believe?


No comments:

Post a Comment