Monday, November 11, 2013

GOD seeks restoration


Deuteronomy 30:Even if you have been banished to the most distant land under the heavens, from there the Lord your God will gather you and bring you back. He will bring you to the land that belonged to your ancestors, and you will take possession of it.

He will make you more prosperous and numerous than your ancestors. The Lord your God will circumcise your hearts and the hearts of your descendants, so that you may love him with all your heart and with all your soul, and live. 

============

Sitting at my desk I studied feverishly to learn the programming required on my job. It seemed like I was all thumbs and I couldn’t do anything right. My boss’s boss called me into his office. I just knew he was going to give me some terrible news so I braced myself. He told me I was doing a great job and to relax.  In fact he gave me additional responsibilities and sent me to be trained. He restored my confidence.

  • Sometimes I feel lost and frustrated.
  • Sometimes I feel banished.
  • Sometimes I feel I am in a distant land.


It seems like trouble comes in numbers. At the same time when I was trying to get my groove my old jalopy of a car broke down and I was in a town unfamiliar to me. I hadn’t been to church in years and I felt alone. A woman in my building asked me “what church do you go to?” I didn’t have an answer.

She told me about a few churches and went on her way. “That was strange” I thought to myself. I think I will go. I went and a sense of peace and belonging came to me. This carried over into my work and social life. I felt restored.

  • GOD wants me to turn to HIM so HE can restore me.
  • GOD wants me to give HIM my heart so HE can modify it to serve HIM.
  • GOD wants me to understand no matter how gloomy things may seem HE is there ready to restore me.


GOD really does love me. I mean HE goes to great lengths to show me HIS love and all I need to do is open my eyes to HIS marvelous blessings HE pours out on me daily. HE is willing to restore me no matter how far I have strayed.

  • Are you away from GOD?
  • Do you feel you HE can’t possibly forgive you?
  • Can you stop making GOD small and understand HIS words “MY grace is sufficient?”
  • Won’t you let HIM restore you HIS way and drop your expectation of HIM?


No comments:

Post a Comment