Friday, November 8, 2013

GOD will forgive me for that won’t HE?

Deuteronomy 28: 19 When such a person hears the words of this oath and they invoke a blessing on themselves, thinking, “I will be safe, even though I persist in going my own way,” they will bring disaster on the watered land as well as the dry. 

============

Heart beating, checking over my shoulder every 5 minutes I wondered if I got away with it. I had snuck away from work, hung out with my friends and returned to a quiet building.  I mean I had done the work so why should I have to remain cooped up while everyone else was having fun?

I got in the habit of this after a while and the supervisor came by minutes after I returned. He was angry. I didn’t understand why. I mean I got my work done!

  • Sometimes I may not understand how dangerous getting my way can be.
  • Sometimes I may not understand how futile it is to fight GOD’s decrees.
  • Sometimes I may not understand how defiant it is to say to GOD “Oh, YOU’LL forgive me because you have to.”


When I believed in JESUS’s death burial and resurrection as the center of my salvation I was saved from eternal separation from HIM. This doesn’t give me the license to do everything “my way.”

  • GOD wants me to consult with HIM on all of my plans.
  • GOD wants me to trust HIM even when the plan looks bleak.
  • GOD wants me to only focus on HIM and never put any god, lifestyle or person above HIM.


When I get arrogant and think “GOD won’t mind” is when I am headed to disaster. GOD minds! HE is very consistent and hasn’t liked sin since HE made humans. Yes HE took my eternal punishment away but leaves consequences of my actions here on this planet.

GOD has a tough side fortunately for me HE has a soft spot for me and wants to show love daily!

  • Are you deep in a lifestyle that is not pleasing to GOD?
  • Does it seem like there is no way out?
  • Can you understand GOD doesn’t expect the world of you?
  • Won’t you let HIM deal with your life as HE pleases and follow HIM little by little?


No comments:

Post a Comment