Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Keep going


Deuteronomy 31:The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.”

============

Slam went the trunk of my massive old car as I set off towards my destination. I had only been there once but this time was different, I was moving there.  I studied the map the night before (the internet didn’t exist then) and the route seemed easy enough. Upon arrival to the city I soon realized I was alone there.

I didn’t know where anything was so I drove around. I had a strange feeling to turn down “this” street, so I did. I saw signs for apartments and made mental notes but something wasn’t quite right. After finding where I would work I got lost and turned down an obscure street. I found a set of apartments that were tucked away. “This is the place” I sensed. Funny, this is the place where a neighbor challenged me to go to church.

  • Venturing into the unknown can be scary.
  • Venturing into the unknown can seem discouraging.
  • Venturing into the unknown can be full of obstacles that seem difficult or impossible to overcome.


Looking back I can clearly see I was not alone. It was GOD who guided me through the ambiguity as HE gently nudged me in the right direction. GOD isn’t a punisher or bully, in fact HE is quite loving.

  • GOD said HE would be with me and HE has, even through my sinful times.
  • GOD said HE would never leave me nor forsake me, even through my doubt and lack of faith in HIM.
  • GOD said to me “Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged” because HE holds a bright future for me knowing HIS plan is marvelous!


Life is full of mountains to climb. It seems like treacherous trails and endless rocks at times and as I go further and further, not knowing what’s around the next bend, I grow weary at times. BUT GOD said “I’M right here. Keep going. You are on the right path. MY plan is worth the tough road.”

  • Are you feeling a bit discouraged?
  • Do you doubt GOD?
  • Are you feeling a bit frustrated?
  • Can you drop your frustration and let GOD gently nudge you?
  • Can you stop looking for signs of HIS presence and know HE is ALWAYS with you?


No comments:

Post a Comment