Thursday, November 21, 2013

Maturity outside of the desert


Joshua 5: 11 The day after the Passover, that very day, they ate some of the produce of the land: unleavened bread and roasted grain. 12 The manna stopped the day after they ate this food from the land; there was no longer any manna for the Israelites, but that year they ate the produce of Canaan.

============

Silver was my choice as I went inside to do the paperwork. I was very excited because this was my first major purchase on my own.  I waited years for my credit to get better because of all of the tickets, debt from college and poor payment habits. It seemed like I would never come out the other side.

I remember taking my credit cards and cutting them up so I would only spend cash. It was very difficult as I reached in the cabinet and only had a can of corn to eat for dinner. “Here are your keys” the dealer said. I don’t know if I thanked GOD or not but I was elated!

When I’m in the desert I grumble about GOD’s support.
When I’m in the desert I complain about GOD’s sustenance.
When I’m in the desert I murmur about how other people who don’t follow GOD seem to have it all and I don’t.

GOD has a time and place for HIS plan to be executed in my life. HE doesn’t want me looking at someone else’s situation and compare it to mine. HE also doesn’t want me complaining about where HE has me. GOD is growing me.

GOD has a purpose for taking me through “desert” times.
GOD grows me by taking me through “desert” times.
GOD matures me to be able to handle more territory by taking me through “desert” times.

The Israelites were not mature enough to enter the promise land so GOD took them through the desert to rid them of the desire of being back in Egypt where they were on a path of totally forgetting HIM. The desert had nothing to sustain life, yet GOD supported them for 40 years without wearing out their clothes.

GOD brings me out of the desert with new eyes, new ears and a new heart. Instead of blaming people for falling in their own holes GOD enables me to see people with grace, like HE does.

Are you coming out of a desert time?
Do you think you will have other desert times?
Can you focus your attention on GOD and give with joy?

Won’t you take this moment to strengthen your faith in HIM so you won’t pout next time?

No comments:

Post a Comment