Wednesday, November 6, 2013

When the noise is too noisy

Deuteronomy 27:Then Moses and the Levitical priests said to all Israel, “Be silent, Israel, and listen! You have now become the people of the Lord your God. 10 Obey the Lord your God and follow his commands and decrees that I give you today.”

============

With one eye open I peered at the clock and to my dismay it was 4:37 in the morning. I had a very large project due and since I was awake I got up and thought about it.  That led to other thoughts. I realized I had gone to bed without doing voicemail.

As my brain slipped back into consciousness I remembered all of the people I had to contact for that day. By 5:00AM I was fully awake. I worked until 10:00PM. Oh, and I forgot to do voicemail again!

  • Noisy situations keep me awake.
  • Noisy circumstances bring on many thoughts that I lose sleep over trying to resolve.
  • Noisy environments make me lose my concentration and it seems like I can’t focus.


There are many things that can cause noise in my life. People bring me problems. Material things break or are lost or stolen. Someone gets sick or feisty or demanding.  All of these things add to the noise and when the noise is too noisy, I want to go in the corner and ball up like a child.

  • “Be silent” is what GOD wants me to be so I can hear HIM.
  • “Stand still” is what GOD says to me when I’m running too fast.
  • “Have rest” is what GOD is giving me when I lay awake worried about ‘insert situation.’


The most powerful and high GOD tends not to yell at me. In fact HE speaks in a very soft, calming, inaudible voice. When life is rushing at me too fast, GOD says “Quiet down and listen to ME. The situation is close to MY heart and I love you.”

  • Do you have a lot on your mind?
  • Does it seem like you are getting confused trying to figure out what to do next?
  • Can you take a moment to quiet yourself sown to listen to GOD?
  • Won’t you let GOD tell you what to do next instead of worrying about it?


No comments:

Post a Comment