Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Following GOD takes heart

Joshua 14:Now the people of Judah approached Joshua at Gilgal, and Caleb son of Jephunneh the Kenizzite said to him, “You know what the Lord said to Moses the man of God at Kadesh Barnea about you and me. I was forty years old when Moses the servant of the Lord sent me from Kadesh Barnea to explore the land. 

And I brought him back a report according to my convictions, but my fellow Israelites who went up with me made the hearts of the people melt in fear. I, however, followed the Lord my God wholeheartedly. So on that day Moses swore to me, ‘The land on which your feet have walked will be your inheritance and that of your children forever, because you have followed the Lord my God wholeheartedly.’

============

“Won’t someone go with me?” the preacher exclaimed. Visions of animals standing around in muddy water flashed in my mind as I thought of what it would be like if I went to this far away country. I thought about the malnourished baby with the fly on its lip and dust and dirt. Fear came over me as I thought of what to do.

  • Fear can make me miss out on a great journey GOD wants me to go on.
  • Fear can make me look at things the wrong way.
  • Fear can make me think the situation is too big and it can’t be changed.


Caleb went into the Promised Land and gave a good report when everyone else said it was bad. He followed GOD with all his heart and GOD wants me to do the same.  Sometimes it seems bleak BUT GOD sees it differently.

  • GOD sees every bleak situation I’m in as a winner for HIM.
  • GOD sees every obstacle I encounter as training to grow me stronger.
  • GOD sees every painful circumstance I face as opportunities to expand and grow my heart to be more like HIM.


It takes heart to follow GOD.  HE knows what should and should not be in my life. Just when I think I have it made, HE adjusts my life and sends me in a different direction. GOD wants my whole heart and the more I choose to follow HIM the more HE rewards me.

  • Is GOD calling you to do something incredible?
  • Do you have fear?
  • Won’t you give your fear over to HIM and let HIM guide you on your journey?


No comments:

Post a Comment