Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Is the obstacle a test?

Judges 3 These are the nations the Lord left to test all those Israelites who had not experienced any of the wars in Canaan(he did this only to teach warfare to the descendants of the Israelites who had not had previous battle experience):

the five rulers of the Philistines, all the Canaanites, the Sidonians, and the Hivites living in the Lebanon mountains from Mount Baal Hermon to Lebo Hamath. They were left to test the Israelites to see whether they would obey the Lord’s commands, which he had given their ancestors through Moses.

============

“Why am I not getting promoted?” ran through my mind on my second and a half job out of college.  It seemed like I would get hired, but not elevated.  “What’s the problem?” I asked someone.  They gave me some tips that I followed to the letter, still no promotion. In fact many people gave me tips here and there and nothing happened.

Finally I met a few mentors who taught me how to face obstacles with resiliency. I got promoted.

  • When I want things to come to me easy I have a wrong expectation.
  • When I give up too early because it is too hard I have a wrong expectation.
  • When I want to sit back and let the plan work itself out I have a wrong expectation.


Obstacles seem to pop up at the worst time and I used to think the Devil was the cause of problems and GOD was in charge of solutions, but I left one person out of the equation, me.

  • GOD sometimes wants me to grow so HE places obstacles in my way that I can handle.
  • GOD allows me to face the consequences of my sin here on earth so I won’t have to face eternal consequences.
  • GOD uses obstacles to get my attention when I have forgotten about HIM or when I think I can survive on my own.

There is a way that seems right to me, but the way of the LORD is far above my thinking. Instead of running away from the obstacle, I must face it no matter how large it may seem because GOD has a plan for it.

  • Are you facing obstacles?
  • Do you think GOD has left you on your own?
  • Can you stop sulking about the obstacle for a moment and look to GOD’s power?
  • Won’t you recognize where your talent and abilities come from and thank GOD for the gifts HE has given you?


No comments:

Post a Comment