Tuesday, December 17, 2013

GOD gives hope

Judges 2: 18 Whenever the Lord raised up a judge for them, he was with the judge and saved them out of the hands of their enemies as long as the judge lived; for the Lord relented because of their groaning under those who oppressed and afflicted them.

============

Staring out the windshield, my mind pleaded with the bus driver to move a little faster. It was cold and the bus was late so I could miss my connection. I could see the other bus loading passengers as our bus crept sluggishly to the stop.

I ran out waving my arms and hands to no avail. My friend and I had missed the bus and we had to stand there shivering for an eternity! A car horn blew at us. One of the teacher’s saw us and gave us a ride all the way to school. (You could do that back then). She rescued us at the right time!

  • Sometimes things look bleak and I lose hope.
  • Sometimes things look impossible and I lose hope.
  • Sometimes the word passes me by and I lose hope.


There have been many situations in which it “seemed” like there was no hope. After whatever expectation I set in my mind wasn’t met, I would desire to sit in the corner balled up like a baby. Just when I lose hope GOD does something different.

  • When I stop fretting I can open my eyes to who GOD delivered to rescue me.
  • When I stop pouting I can open my eyes to see who GOD sent to help me.
  • When I stop feeling sorry for myself I can open my eyes to see GOD at work on HIS masterful plan.


Troubling situations never feel good. They cause me to groan and moan like the best of them. BUT GOD has delivered me from so many troubling situations, I can hardly count them. HE leads me besides still waters. HE restores my soul.

  • Are you worried about your situation?
  • Do you find yourself in the same cycle of worry and deliverance?
  • Can you break the cycle and put your trust in GOD for good?
  • Won’t you tell someone about HIS deliverance?


No comments:

Post a Comment