Thursday, December 12, 2013

GOD is still a jealous GOD

Joshua 23:14 “Now I am about to go the way of all the earth. You know with all your heart and soul that not one of all the good promises the Lord your God gave you has failed. Every promise has been fulfilled; not one has failed. 15 But just as all the good things the Lord your God has promised you have come to you, so he will bring on you all the evil things he has threatened, until the Lord your God has destroyed you from this good land he has given you. 

16 If you violate the covenant of the Lord your God, which he commanded you, and go and serve other gods and bow down to them, the Lord’s anger will burn against you, and you will quickly perish from the good land he has given you.”

===========

“What’s your sign?” was the confusing question of the unmentioned decade. Yes I’m old! Someone told me my “sign” and I didn’t think anything of it until the newspaper arrived. My horoscope said something in some futuristic kind of vague language that caught my attention. From then I looked at my horoscope wondering if “it” was going to tell me my future.

  • I have made the mistake of placing superstition over GOD.
  • I have made the mistake of putting my trust in winning the Lottery rather than trusting GOD.
  • I have made the mistake of carrying around a lucky item rather than believing all blessings come from GOD.


Some of my superstitions even crept into church where I would treat the items with higher esteem than people. When I believed in a lucky or superstitious thing, it seemed like my wants and desires weren’t being met. How can I get my way?

  • GOD says “Do not place any other god before ME” including lucky items or superstitions.
  • GOD says “I will supply your needs” including food, shelter and sometimes money.
  • GOD says “I will provide” including the right people, job, health and customers.


For me, I have to follow GOD.  It seems like I can’t even dabble in believing in a piece of wood or a cloth or even a printed book. I must believe in the word GOD has given to guide me along the way. The more I can follow HIS commandment of loving one another the better off I am.

  • Are you following something that is not of GOD?
  • Do you believe in something that GOD is not blessing you with?
  • Can you drop your superstition or belief in luck and turn to GOD?
  • Will you start trusting in GOD a little more today?


No comments:

Post a Comment