Thursday, December 5, 2013

It takes work

Joshua 17: 17 But Joshua said to the tribes of Joseph—to Ephraim and Manasseh—“You are numerous and very powerful. You will have not only one allotment 18 but the forested hill country as well. Clear it, and its farthest limits will be yours; though the Canaanites have chariots fitted with iron and though they are strong, you can drive them out.”

============

Sitting around moping that I didn’t get the job I stared at my work on my old job. It seemed even harder to do my job because I was on the brink of something new and didn’t get it. I really thought this job was going to be the pinnacle of my career. 

I got mad at GOD wondering why HE had me go through all of this waiting and juggling. My boss said, “I’m sorry you didn’t get the position, but you have a job to do here.” You mean I still have to work hard and perform?

  • I sometimes make the mistake of thinking GOD is a genie who will grant me wishes instantly.
  • I sometimes make the mistake of thinking GOD will make me successful without a painful process.
  • I sometimes make the mistake of thinking GOD doesn’t care for me when I have to work hard to be successful.


Call it spoiled but can’t GOD just drop a pile of money in my lap and give me a life of ease? Yes, but HE doesn’t work like that in my life.  I have to work hard following HIS way.

  • GOD says to me “Work will be hard on this cursed earth.”
  • GOD says to me “If I don’t work I don’t eat.”
  • GOD says to me “Come to ME heavy laden and I will give you rest.”


It would be naïve for me to think life will be easy. GOD’s plan includes obstacles for me to face and opposition to HIS kingdom. HE doesn’t want me to shrink into the corner, fearful of shadows rather HE wants me to get up each day ready to face what HE has in store for me. When I get tired HE provides me rest.
  • Are you tired?
  • Are you sick?
  • Can you rest for a while and recharge in order to get back out there?
  • Won’t you pace yourself to continue instead of burning out and being no good to anyone?


No comments:

Post a Comment