Ruth 310 “The Lord bless you, my daughter,” he replied. “This kindness is greater than that which you showed earlier: You have not run after the younger men, whether rich or poor. 11 And now, my daughter, don’t be afraid. I will do for you all you ask. All the people of my town know that you are a woman of noble character.
“I saw your car last night” someone said to me suspiciously. I mean how could you miss it? It was mustard yellow, rust everywhere and a vanity license plate with my nickname on it. There was no denying it. My car showed others that I was in a place that I shouldn’t have been. I wonder if the person’s suspicions were a question of my character.
- People are watching me whether I see them or not.
- People pay attention to me whether I see them or not.
- People look at my actions and listen to my words whether I see them or not.
My character is defined as an action done when no one sees me doing it. What I do in the dark is what will be brought out in the light. There have been many moments that I have been told I was being observed and unfortunately I wasn’t doing what GOD wanted me to.
- GOD can see every action so I should focus my attention on what HE wants.
- GOD can hear my thoughts so I should focus my thoughts on what HE has written.
- GOD can read what’s in my heart so I should fill my heart with HIS people.
Character is not an act. It comes flooding out of my pores and there is nothing I can do to stop it. The only thing I can do about my character is to focus it towards the living GOD and let people know my flaws are accepted by HIM and theirs can be too.
- Are you busy trying to clean yourself up?
- Do you have character flaws that you may be blind to?
- Can you ask GOD to handle your character for a while?
- Won’t you bridal your negative thoughts and point them towards GOD?