Monday, January 13, 2014

Missing the opportunity to see GOD

Judges 12: 17 Then Manoah inquired of the angel of the Lord, “What is your name, so that we may honor you when your word comes true?”

18 He replied, “Why do you ask my name? It is beyond understanding” 19 Then Manoah took a young goat, together with the grain offering, and sacrificed it on a rock to the Lord. And the Lord did an amazing thing while Manoah and his wife watched: 

20 As the flame blazed up from the altar toward heaven, the angel of the Lord ascended in the flame. Seeing this, Manoah and his wife fell with their faces to the ground. 21 When the angel of the Lord did not show himself again to Manoah and his wife, Manoah realized that it was the angel of the Lord.

============

“Come on, come on!” I willed to my car to start but it seemed to have a mind of its own. Finally I heard a sputter and off I went to pick up my classmate. With four bald tires, no working heat and a gas gauge that could not tell me how much gas I had in the car, we set out on our icy drive. My friend had to scrape the ice that formed on the windshield inside the car as we plodded down the street.

I looked and saw a car that spun out on the road and then another and another. “They must be bad drivers” I said to myself. Suddenly my car went into a skid. We swerved back and forth all over the highway. “I” got control of the car and said to myself “I” better pay attention, not once praying!

  • When I look at my abilities I can miss GOD.
  • When I think I accomplished something I can miss GOD.
  • When I pat myself on the back and look at others like they have a problem I can miss GOD.

Many times I have missed the message of GOD because HE was standing in my face and I was too blind to recognize HIM. My assumption of what HE would say and how HE would sound and when HE would help blinded me to what HE was doing right in front of my face.

  • GOD wants me to open my eyes to see HIM every day.
  • GOD wants me to recognize HIM from the smallest task to the largest.
  • GOD wants me to see HIM in everything rather than putting HIM in a building I go to visit once a week for a very short period of time.

 I hear the term “Act of GOD” and cringe because it implies that HE only works with the large things. GOD works with the infinitely tiny as well as the outstanding enormity of the universe. HE is concerned with my day to day situations and wants me to give HIM as much time and communication as I can.

Recognizing GOD on a daily basis is not a stretch, all I have to do is open my eyes and I can see HIS marvelous works.
  • Are you blind to what GOD is doing in your life?
  • Do you think you are doing things on your own ability?
  • Can you open your eyes to see GOD working on the small things in your life as well as the large?


No comments:

Post a Comment