Thursday, January 9, 2014

Do I really want to hear from GOD?

Judges 10: 11 The Lord replied, “When the Egyptians, the Amorites, the Ammonites, the Philistines, 12 the Sidonians, the Amalekites and the Maonites[c] oppressed you and you cried to me for help, did I not save you from their hands? 13 But you have forsaken me and served other gods, so I will no longer save you. 14 Go and cry out to the gods you have chosen. Let them save you when you are in trouble!”

============

After many disappointments from observing others I decided not to go to church anymore.  I mean people who were “sinning” seemed to be having more fun and they got away with whatever they were doing. Besides, my bowling alley job kept me up until 3:00AM so I had an excuse for not going.

Years later my world started crumbling apart from all sides. Finances were in the toilet, I was dumped, school had kicked me out and my dented old car wasn’t working. I was barely living but alive. I had no plan and no one to turn to… or did I?

  • When I turn from GOD my world falls apart.
  • When I leave GOD alone my world falls apart.
  • When I think GOD is the problem my world falls apart.


My tantrum included yelling at GOD and telling HIM I wasn’t going to serve HIM any longer.  It took years for me to understand this was not a good idea. Fortunately for me GOD had something else in mind for me.

  • GOD welcomed me back with open arms, but I had to turn to HIM first.
  • GOD listened to me when I cried out for help, but I had to cry out first.
  • GOD picked me up and dusted me off after I had fallen, but I had to stand and turn to HIM first.


Some people ask me “how do you know you are hearing from GOD?” My answer is simple, HE tells me to follow HIS ways and usually I don’t want to do it. In fact the more I turn away from HIM the more things go wrong, because HE allows me to walk unprotected. GOD has mercy and abundant love. HE wants me to turn to HIM all the time.

  • Are you walking away from GOD?
  • Do you think you have nowhere to turn?
  • Can you turn your life back to HIM?
  • Won’t you trust GOD again the way you used to years ago?


No comments:

Post a Comment