Tuesday, January 14, 2014

If I don’t know then am I accountable?


Judges 14:Some time later, when he went back to marry her, he turned aside to look at the lion’s carcass, and in it he saw a swarm of bees and some honey. He scooped out the honey with his hands and ate as he went along. When he rejoined his parents, he gave them some, and they too ate it. But he did not tell them that he had taken the honey from the lion’s carcass.

============

Standing in line in one of my frequent eatery joints a man approached me with the ultimate cliché… “you want to buy a watch?” This was easy for me to resist because I knew it was stolen and besides the watch was way too big for my scrawny arms.

As I proceeded outside another guy approached me. “You want to buy a DVD?” the movie was still in the theater and I really wanted to see it. “Hmmm” I thought to myself.

  • Sometimes I ignore what is wrong so I can have what I want.
  • Sometimes I fool myself into thinking “if I don’t know something wrong happened then maybe it’s alright.”
  • Sometimes I conveniently forget to tell others if I have done wrong and they don’t know why consequence has fallen on them.


Consequence of sin is usually not what I want to hear when it comes to GOD. I mean isn’t HE all love and no wrath? On the contrary, GOD is all powerful, full of love and wrath. GOD despises when I categorize my sin into large and small so I can get away with the “small.”

  • GOD wants me to confess my sins so HE will be faithful and just to forgive me of my sins and cleanse me of all unrighteousness.
  • GOD wants me to take HIS yoke upon me and learn about HIM so I can allow HIM to steer my path.
  • GOD wants me to allow HIM to lead me beside still water which means I have to be on HIS path.


Allowing GOD to be in my life means GOD has the right to say “NO” or “Not now” or “yes, but with a different outcome.” I should not hide ‘what I’m doing’ from HIM so HE can guide my path.

  • Are you ignoring what’s going on around you so you can get your way?
  • Are you caught up in something that you feel is not right?
  • Are you blind to the fact that you may be off GOD’s path?
  • Can you learn of GOD and confess what you are doing so HE can put you on HIS path?

No comments:

Post a Comment