Wednesday, January 15, 2014

It’s actually GOD

Judges 15: 14 As he approached Lehi, the Philistines came toward him shouting. The Spirit of the Lord came powerfully upon him. The ropes on his arms became like charred flax, and the bindings dropped from his hands. 15 Finding a fresh jawbone of a donkey, he grabbed it and struck down a thousand men.

16 Then Samson said,
“With a donkey’s jawbone
    I have made donkeys of them.
With a donkey’s jawbone
    I have killed a thousand men.”

============

After months of development the system was finally finished. I had put an incredible amount of time planning and preparing although there were many who worked on the project. When the convention rolled around, we had lines hanging around our booth!

“My” hard work paid off. “I” got an award for it and “I” deserved it right?

  • Sometimes I don’t give credit where credit is due.
  • Sometimes I think it’s “me” when great things happen and it’s GOD when things break down.
  • Sometimes I think I want all eyes on me rather than pointing to the one who deserves it.


Success can easily go to my head.  I have been successful many times in my career and it feels great to have people cast accolades at my feet. BUT GOD deserves some attention.

  • I should practice praising GOD for little things so I can praise HIM for big things.
  • I should practice praising GOD often so it becomes second nature.
  • I should practice praising GOD publicly so I can point my life to HIM rather than having all eyes on me.


I don’t mean thanking GOD publicly for my foul act or sinful gain, I mean I need to thank GOD when people want to praise me instead of HIM. It really is HIM who deserves praise because without HIM I can do nothing.

  • Are you looking for praise or thanks from people?
  • Do you feel looked over?
  • Can you stop wanting accolades and point people to GOD?
  • Won’t you take time to praise HIM today?


No comments:

Post a Comment