Monday, January 6, 2014

Never Take Credit


Judges 8: 22 The Israelites said to Gideon, “Rule over us—you, your son and your grandson—because you have saved us from the hand of Midian.”

23 But Gideon told them, “I will not rule over you, nor will my son rule over you. The Lord will rule over you.”

============

Graduating with average to pitiful grades was not something to brag about, yet working at the only company that would accept me made me feel superior enough to become entitled. I did not leave when everyone else left because I was studying. Soon I became the best programmer in the department, or at least that is what people told me.

I felt I needed a raise and a promotion otherwise I would take my brilliant mind elsewhere. When I interviewed for another company I didn’t get the job and had to sit humbly at my desk.

  • When I think too highly of myself I start comparing what I do to others.
  • When I think too highly of myself I become deserving and entitled.
  • When I think too highly of myself I forget where I came from.


Gideon knew where his strength came from. I mean 300 men fought and won battles against 150,000 or more. The odds were definitely not in his favor and upon return he rejected the Israelites request to become a ruler. This is a wonderful example to me.

  • GOD wants me to point my life to HIM rather than taking credit.
  • GOD wants me to tell people about HIM rather than trying to subdue HIM and pretend HIS power is mine.
  • GOD wants me to know where my strength comes from instead of thinking I have any power.


Low self-esteem is not what I’m shooting for. I believe GOD made me beautifully and wonderfully. HE loves me with my many flaws and accepts me as I am, but I should not get to the point where I think even the tiniest blessing comes from me. All good things come from GOD!

  • Are you comparing yourself or your church or your group to others?
  • Do you think “that person” or “that group” is the problem?
  • Do you feel you can do or say “it” better?
  • Can you reduce your focus on “you” and point your life to GOD today?


No comments:

Post a Comment