Monday, January 27, 2014

Victory may come with defeat

Judges 20: 26 Then all the Israelites, the whole army, went up to Bethel, and there they sat weeping before the Lord. They fasted that day until evening and presented burnt offerings and fellowship offerings to the Lord. 27 And the Israelites inquired of the Lord. (In those days the ark of the covenant of God was there, 28 with Phinehas son of Eleazar, the son of Aaron, ministering before it.) They asked, “Shall we go up again to fight against the Benjamites, our fellow Israelites, or not?”

The Lord responded, “Go, for tomorrow I will give them into your hands.”

============

After being passed over for a number of positions I wondered what was going on.  I prayed and it seemed like GOD was saying “keep going.” Finally the company asked me to interview for CIO of one of their recently purchased companies. “Wow, look at GOD” I said. When it was all said and done, I didn’t get the job.

I pouted and questioned GOD. “Why did you put me up to this?” I said in a tiff.  Little did I know HE had something much greater in store for me.

  • When I get defeated I think I can’t move forward.
  • When I lose the battle I think I can’t fight anymore.
  • When I don’t get my way I think GOD has forgotten me.


The Israelites went to GOD, not once but twice and prayed to HIM asking if they should fight and the LORD said “Yes” and they lost both times. In fact they were humiliated in their defeat. They went back one more time and GOD gave them victory.

  • GOD’s plan is wonderful for me but it has included painful growth.
  • GOD’s plan for me is great but I have had to fail in order to accomplish HIS goal.
  • GOD’s plan is absolutely marvelous for me but I have had to fall in a few holes to realize I need HIM.


Just because I am defeated on one battle or even two doesn’t mean I shouldn’t keep fighting. GOD wants me to be strong as I move forward. The weak will observe my defeat as total failure, BUT GOD sees it as an opportunity to strengthen me and grow me. HE is the one who raises me and places me in the position HE desires.

  • Are you defeated?
  • Are you tired of the fight?
  • Can you open your eyes and ask GOD to fight for you?
  • Won’t you “keep going” like GOD told you to?


No comments:

Post a Comment