Wednesday, June 25, 2014

A Life of Impact


2 Kings 20:Before Isaiah had left the middle court, the word of the Lord came to him: “Go back and tell Hezekiah, the ruler of my people, ‘This is what the Lord, the God of your father David, says: I have heard your prayer and seen your tears; I will heal you. On the third day from now you will go up to the temple of the Lord. 

I will add fifteen years to your life. And I will deliver you and this city from the hand of the king of Assyria. I will defend this city for my sake and for the sake of my servant David.’”

============

“What are you guys going to do today?” one of my fathers asked. My buddy and I said “I don’t know, probably go out and have some fun.” “Is that it?” he questioned. Then he said some “blah, blah” stuff.  Why is he asking me about my future? Doesn’t he know there is a new club that just opened and we wanted to check it out?

  • Sometimes I act like I will live forever.
  • Sometimes I don’t look into the future.
  • Sometimes I waste precious moments doing nothing of value.


I have known people who have faced their mortality and when they recover they live life very differently.  Each day seemed to be a blessing and the worries they used to have seemed to disappear. As I observed these people they did have some common.

  • They told me “Care about people.”
  • They told me “Trust in the LORD.”
  • They told me “Count your blessings.”


Life is too short to be worrying and complaining all the time. Being preoccupied on the trials takes away time I could have spent with GOD, doing what HE wants me to do. Someone else said this to me… “What if you KNEW you were going to die next week, how would you spend your time living your life?” Then live that life now.

This statement reached me. Now I see life as a marvelous adventure GOD has placed in front of me. Every day is a blessing that HE made and the more I realize HE made it, the less I complain or worry.

  • Are you complaining about something?
  • Are you overcome with worry, fear and doubt?
  • What if you knew you were going to die soon, how should you live your life?
  • Are you seeking GOD’s kingdom and preparing people for CHRIST’s return?


No comments:

Post a Comment