Monday, June 9, 2014

GOD provides miraculous appointments

2 Kings 9:When you get there, look for Jehu son of Jehoshaphat, the son of Nimshi. Go to him, get him away from his companions and take him into an inner room. Then take the flask and pour the oil on his head and declare, ‘This is what the Lord says: I anoint you king over Israel.’ Then open the door and run; don’t delay!”

-------

30 Then Jehu went to Jezreel. When Jezebel heard about it, she put on eye makeup, arranged her hair and looked out of a window. 31 As Jehu entered the gate, she asked, “Have you come in peace, you Zimri, you murderer of your master?”

32 He looked up at the window and called out, “Who is on my side? Who?” Two or three eunuchs looked down at him.33 “Throw her down!” Jehu said. So they threw her down, and some of her blood spattered the wall and the horses as they trampled her underfoot.

============

Another shake up at work left only a few people with enough knowledge to do the job. I was one of the candidates but my opponent was favored and they chose him. I was miserable and pouted for a while, but soon had to get over it. After a while, I got used to my position and fell in line like everyone else.

One day an abrupt announcement came through. The person had to leave the company suddenly and they asked me if I wanted the position.

  • Sometimes I pout when I don’t get my way.
  • Sometimes I think the situation is not in control because I am not in control of the situation.
  • Sometimes I brood over another choice because I didn’t get my way.


Jezebel was feared by one of the most powerful prophets who existed, namely Elijah. BUT GOD appointed someone new to take the reins. HE has done this in my life time and time again. When I was passed over for promotion after promotion, GOD saw to it that I was taken care of in spite of the politics.

  • GOD raises me up at the right time, not my time.
  • GOD raises me up when HE knows I am ready, not when I think I am.
  • GOD raises me up for HIS purposes so I need not be afraid.


Jehu was not afraid of Jezebel because he had purpose in his life. He knew GOD was with him and he completed his task just like GOD told him. Living a life of purpose enables me to see GOD’s miraculous appointments.

  • Have you been passed over?
  • Do you think someone is in the way of your success?
  • Can you see that GOD can and will raise you up at HIS appointed time?
  • Will you accept GOD’s training to make you stronger?


No comments:

Post a Comment