Friday, June 13, 2014

Powerful Faith


2 Kings 13: 15 Elisha said, “Get a bow and some arrows,” and he did so. 16 “Take the bow in your hands,” he said to the king of Israel. When he had taken it, Elisha put his hands on the king’s hands.

17 “Open the east window,” he said, and he opened it. “Shoot!” Elisha said, and he shot. “The Lord’s arrow of victory, the arrow of victory over Aram!” Elisha declared. “You will completely destroy the Arameans at Aphek.”

18 Then he said, “Take the arrows,” and the king took them. Elisha told him, “Strike the ground.” He struck it three times and stopped. 19 The man of God was angry with him and said, “You should have struck the ground five or six times; then you would have defeated Aram and completely destroyed it. But now you will defeat it only three times.”

20 Elisha died and was buried.

============

Vague instructions and a mind of doubt made me call off the hunt early. I was running out of gas and the “down the road and turn left” directions left much to be desired. I panicked as the light had been on for a while. We were in the middle of nowhere so I looked for signs of life off in the distance.

As I changed course, I made it to civilization only to find everything closed! I drove twice as far as the person had instructed and eventually found gas. On the return trip I noticed the gas station the person had originally instructed me to go to was only a block away from where I turned around.

  • Sometimes my doubt will make me change course.
  • Sometimes my fear will make me take a wrong turn.
  • Sometimes my worries will make me panic and come up with crazy plans.


There have been times where the level of my faith dictated the amount of success I achieved. I mean when I put my head down and stayed on the path, I was successful. When I was unsure of the path, questioning GOD every step of the way I wasn’t so successful. GOD wants my faith to be full.

  • When I attack something with faith, GOD’s might takes me over the top.
  • When I trust GOD, HE shows me just how powerful HE is.
  • When I believe in GOD, I get rewarded beyond my wildest dreams.


GOD moves mountains daily. For some, HE shows HIS power blatantly, for others it’s more subtle. GOD has told me to open my eyes to HIS marvelous works daily and add a measure of faith to face the day.

  • Are you full of doubt?
  • Have you given up too early?
  • Can you ask GOD to give you the right amount of strength to keep going on the course HE has you on even through difficulty?


No comments:

Post a Comment