Thursday, June 12, 2014

Conducting Business GOD’s way

2 Kings 12: 13 The money brought into the temple was not spent for making silver basins, wick trimmers, sprinkling bowls, trumpets or any other articles of gold or silver for the temple of the Lord; 14 it was paid to the workers, who used it to repair the temple. 

15 They did not require an accounting from those to whom they gave the money to pay the workers, because they acted with complete honesty.

============

Sleep was my coveted desire.  I mean I gallivanted all night and I had to be at work at 7:00AM downtown in the big city. They wouldn’t mind if I slip into the bathroom and take a few winks. After my nap my boss questioned where I was. I stuttered and stammered through my explanation and thought to myself… “I have to take shorter naps!”

  • When I think I can take liberties at work, it spills into other areas of my life.
  • When I think I can steal even a paperclip from work I may steal large amounts later.
  • When I think I can cheat customers on small items I will probably try to get more money from them than deserved.


I have run into a few business people who have acted with integrity and they are marvelous. In fact some of them made me change my ways. They told me to show up on early, tell the truth and to do what was right when no one was looking. By adding this character to my work ethic, I was promoted time after time.

  • GOD wants me to be honest in my business dealings or HE will deal with me.
  • GOD wants me to have integrity with my business or HE will not bless it.
  • GOD wants me to have character with my business so HE can use it to draw people to HIM.


Slick and slippery don’t mesh well with GOD. HE wants service from the heart and it takes work to push the greedy part of me out and allow GOD to fill my heart.

  • Are you trying to be slick?
  • Have you fooled yourself into thinking you can get away with the tiny lie you just told?
  • Can you stop lying to yourself?
  • Won’t you start acting with integrity?



No comments:

Post a Comment