Friday, June 6, 2014

GOD keeps HIS promises


2 Kings 8: 16 In the fifth year of Joram son of Ahab king of Israel, when Jehoshaphat was king of Judah, Jehoram son of Jehoshaphat began his reign as king of Judah. 17 He was thirty-two years old when he became king, and he reigned in Jerusalem eight years. 

18 He followed the ways of the kings of Israel, as the house of Ahab had done, for he married a daughter of Ahab. He did evil in the eyes of the Lord. 19 Nevertheless, for the sake of his servant David, the Lord was not willing to destroy Judah. He had promised to maintain a lamp for David and his descendants forever.

============

“I’m done with church” I said to myself. Seeing the hypocrisy was too much. “Now what do I do?” was the decision I had to make. My first night on campus, there were parties, drunkenness and nudity!  “I know… I’ll try that” I thought to myself excitedly.

  • Many times I have tried to leave GOD when I wanted my way.
  • Many times I blamed the church for not being perfect.
  • Many times I thought could make it on my own without consulting GOD.


Leaving church and stopping my efforts of following GOD seemed like a good idea at the time. I mean, the people in the church were acting like the people they called “worldly” only they were sneakier about it. I figured this would give me the license to leave them alone and do as I pleased. BUT GOD had something different in mind for me.

  • GOD saw me in the middle of my sins and decided to rescue me.
  • GOD saw me committing evil in HIS eyes yet HE held to HIS promise of mercy for me.
  • GOD saw me doing the opposite of what HE wanted and went to HIS death in my place.


GOD cannot back out of a decree. Once HE says something it HAS to happen. HE said the wages of sin is death, so someone had to die. HE decided it would be HIM instead of me. HE also said “No one can pluck you out of MY hands”, so HE allows me to sin BUT rewards me the more I follow HIM.

HE allows consequence to happen in my life and chastens me. BUT he has saved me from eternal separation from HIM.

  • Are you in the middle of sin?
  • Have you stopped following GOD?
  • Do you realize HIS grace is sufficient?
  • Can you stop thinking you have to be clean in order to have a relationship with GOD?
  • Do you realize that no matter how deep in sin you have fallen GOD forgives you?


No comments:

Post a Comment