Monday, June 30, 2014

Healthy Fear


2 Kings 23: 25 Neither before nor after Josiah was there a king like him who turned to the Lord as he did—with all his heart and with all his soul and with all his strength, in accordance with all the Law of Moses.

26 Nevertheless, the Lord did not turn away from the heat of his fierce anger, which burned against Judah because of all that Manasseh had done to arouse his anger.

============

Ice Cream drinks seemed innocent enough to try. I mean it only had a little alcohol. After laughing a few hours, the punch laced with grain alcohol seemed innocent enough to try because you really couldn’t taste the bitter sting of the alcohol as it was added with just the right amount of sugar to take the edge off.

Soon the dare was to drink a shot of straight alcohol. I watched one person try it and throw up! Would you believe I still considered trying it, but I was too scared?

  • The HOLY SPIRIT has led me from going too far in many instances.
  • The HOLY SPIRIT has led me away from many situations I wanted to try but would have gotten me in deep trouble.
  • The HOLY SPIRIT has led me away from diving too deep in the wrong things.


GOD isn’t looking for me to be a goody, goody person; that would make CHRIST’s death, burial and resurrection trivial. In fact GOD said, “MY grace is sufficient.” BUT there is still something inside of me that aches inside of me when I do wrong or when I try to go down the wrong path.

  • GOD has saved me from “dangers unaware.”
  • GOD has saved me from “eternal separation from HIM.”
  • GOD has saved me from “being fruitless.”


The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom. Do not be afraid of humans who can hurt the body but fear the one who can destroy the soul.  GOD wants a relationship with me but it is one where HE is GOD and I am one of HIS people. HE is the ultimate friend but I can never forget that HE is supreme in HIS power and decisions.

I cannot manipulate HIM by trying to do good because my good is faulted with sin, but HE loves when I am sincere in my bowing to HIM.

  • Is you fear of GOD disappearing because of your sin?
  • Are you in a habit of sinning and have given up on GOD?
  • Can you stop focusing on you and your sin and appreciate that GOD’s grace is sufficient to cover ALL your sins?
  • Won’t you stop trying to stop sinning and begin adding praise to GOD more and more so HE can help you?


No comments:

Post a Comment