Monday, August 4, 2014

Ask HOW to do it

1 Chronicles 15: 12 He said to them, “You are the heads of the Levitical families; you and your fellow Levites are to consecrate yourselves and bring up the ark of the Lord, the God of Israel, to the place I have prepared for it. 

13 It was because you, the Levites, did not bring it up the first time that the Lord our God broke out in anger against us. We did not inquire of him about how to do it in the prescribed way.”

============

Three O’clock in the morning and I could not get to sleep.  My boss who was hard as nails gave me little instruction for my daunting task. I fumbled to get something together for her but felt it wasn’t my best work. I nervously gave her my report and she stopped me from leaving. “Uh-oh” I thought.

She said in a calm yet firm voice, “All you had to do was ask and I would have clarified what I wanted.”

  • Sometimes when I feel intimidated I back away.
  • Sometimes when I feel inadequate I put together a flimsy plan.
  • Sometimes when I feel overwhelmed I want to ball up and crawl in a corner.


Fear drives me to stand in the road and get hit by a truck. It makes me dream of problems more and more rather than focusing on what I am supposed to be doing. The more fear I have the more problems I see. BUT GOD wants me to behave differently.

  • GOD wants me to ask HIM how HE wants to be served.
  • GOD wants me to seek HIS kingdom before I seek my plans.
  • GOD wants me to give HIM worship daily which means I need to stop and have time with HIM.


When I feel like GOD has disappeared and withdrawn, HE wants me to ask HIM what HE wants me to do next. HE can handle as many requests I can give HIM regarding clarity to serve HIM. HE knows my intentions and knows when I am trying to manipulate HIM to get my way.

HE will always see beyond my sins in order to being me to a better place. HE knows HIS wonderful plans for me, plans to prosper me.

  • Are you trying to accomplish something?
  • Do you feel your plans are falling apart?
  • Can you ask GOD for clarification of what HE wants you to do today?


No comments:

Post a Comment