Thursday, August 7, 2014

Success in the Makings


1 Chronicles 18:When the Arameans of Damascus came to help Hadadezer king of Zobah, David struck down twenty-two thousand of them. He put garrisons in the Aramean kingdom of Damascus, and the Arameans became subject to him and brought him tribute. The Lord gave David victory wherever he went.

-------

12 Abishai son of Zeruiah struck down eighteen thousand Edomites in the Valley of Salt.13 He put garrisons in Edom, and all the Edomites became subject to David. The Lord gave David victory wherever he went.

============

Boss number twenty two came through the revolving door and was super zealous and quite curt in her discussions. She was very demanding and it seemed like I needed to saddle up for the very long journey of oppression. After staying up most of the night, I was able to get the presentation just right but traffic prevented me from delivering it on time.

“I’m going to be fired” I thought to myself. I hurried into the meeting, late. I turned on my laptop in hopes that I could slip the new presentation in, but the look from my boss made it known I was in the toilet.


  • When trouble comes I feel distressed.
  • When the pressure is on and I miss on my delivery I feel pain.
  • When I am surrounded on all sides and there seems to be no way out I feel like giving up.


One of the high ranking officials in the room asked about some detail from the area I was responsible. I quickly responded and it actually was better that my presentation was not shown as it kept down the number of follow on questions. “Good job” grunted my boss afterwards.

  • Sometimes trouble is placed in front of me by GOD to help me grow.
  • Sometimes obstacles are placed in front of me by GOD because HIS plan is better than mine.
  • Sometimes barriers are placed in front of me by GOD to prevent me from messing up.


There is a way that seems right to man but GOD’s ways are far above any thought humans can have. GOD knows just when to place a barrier in front of me to slow me down when things aren’t aligned with HIS plan. I must recognize and appreciate the barrier because that may be GOD saying “It’s not ready yet.”

  • Are you anxious?
  • Are you tired of waiting for “it” to be ready?
  • Can you recognize when GOD is slowing you down to prevent you from crashing and burning?
  • Won’t you try again, but this time ask GOD for HIS victory to shine through whatever you are doing?

No comments:

Post a Comment