Thursday, October 16, 2014

Can I Hear God?

2 Chronicles 33: 10 The Lord spoke to Manasseh and his people, but they paid no attention.

============

“Why did I just lie?” was the final straw. At this point I was lying for no reason at all. There was nothing to gain so in all respects I was lying to myself. It wasn’t the lie that brought me around, but the question. Where did that question come from?

  • There are times when I hear GOD and I choose to ignore HIM.
  • There are moments when GOD is telling me to do something and I sit back and close my ears.
  • There are periods where I am throwing a tantrum and I refuse to do what GOD is saying.


GOD speaks to me each and every day.  HE placed HIS laws in my heart as HE did every human HE made. HE says “Forgive that person” or “Don’t do that this time” or “Be Strong, do not be discouraged” to me and in my own bumbling way I ignore what HE says.

  • GOD wants me to listen to HIM on a daily basis.
  • GOD wants me to read HIS word so HE can speak to me.
  • GOD wants me to follow HIS ways so HE will make me fruitful.


GOD speaks to me through HIS creation when I can see growth, sun and rain. It’s up to me to appreciate it.  GOD speaks to me through people in calm and trying situations. It’s up to me to praise HIM about it. GOD speaks to me through HIS Bible. It’s up to me to absorb what HE is saying. GOD speaks to me through the HOLY SPIRIT who brings me comfort. It’s up to me to receive peace.

GOD speaks to me daily. HE wants me to speak back to HIM.

  • Are you confused or fearful?
  • Have you ever asked “How can I hear GOD?”
  • Can you stop and look around and see what GOD is saying to you right now?
  • Will you let GOD permeate your heart?


No comments:

Post a Comment