Friday, October 17, 2014

Responding Quick Enough

2 Chronicles 34: 27 Because your heart was responsive and you humbled yourself before God when you heard what he spoke against this place and its people, and because you humbled yourself before me and tore your robes and wept in my presence, I have heard you, declares the Lord. 

============

“Toughen up” was the phrase given to me as I was told to fire a person. This was a test to see if I could cut it in management. Everyone around me seemed to be scared of this person but I sat him down with my letter to him and simply said, “Your services are no longer needed here.”

“What was everyone scared about?” I thought to myself. Years later and several fired people later, I ran into a person who I had to “let go” who seemed different. He was no longer a thing that could be fired; rather he was a human with a family. When I “let him go” something bothered me.  I wonder what that was.

  • Sometimes my drive keeps me from hearing things.
  • Sometimes my determination keeps me from listening.
  • Sometimes my position keeps me from having a soft heart.


Now I know why some of the elderly are so nice. After “letting people go” in a cold calloused way, I now see I had to harden my heart in order to be “tough enough” to make it in the position. I don’t mean I would not fire a rebellious or slothful employee, I mean I have to have a different courage.

  • I have to have courage enough to listen to GOD rather than letting my ambition deafen me.
  • I have to have courage enough to listen to GOD rather than plodding down a destructive course.
  • I have to have courage enough to listen to GOD rather than thinking everything will be fine if I don’t repent.


GOD wants me to have a humbled heart. I have to appreciate rather than alienate. HE tells me to live the way HE designed and only HE can determine my course. My action is to have a responsive heart which takes spiritual ears and a humbled soul.

  • Are you at war with GOD?
  • Do you think you will win the fight against GOD?
  • Can you stop the battle and follow HIS leading?
  • Will you humble yourself and listen to what HE has to say? 


No comments:

Post a Comment