Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Steady as It Goes


2 Chronicles 27:Jotham grew powerful because he walked steadfastly before the Lord his God.

============

“You need to meet the right people” a mentor told me when I inquired about being successful. I looked around and the “successful” people were drunkards, liars and thieves. One of my coworkers asked me to attend a very “visible” bible study that the “successful” people seemed to shun. What was I going to do?

  • Hanging around the crowd seems so satisfying at times.
  • Compromising my values seems like the right thing to do at times.
  • Desiring something to the extreme makes me want to join the wrong group at times.


When I woke up I actually remembered the mentors’ real statement. “You need to meet the right people within your values” is what he really said but not what I heard. I thought I had to change my value system and become something I was not created for. BUT GOD showed me something different.

  • GOD says “I will give you rest unto your soul.”
  • GOD says “MY burden is light.”
  • GOD says “I will lead you besides still waters.”


I chose the harder route and went to the Bible study. The Bible leader and I spoke to a person about CHRIST and he began crying and accepted HIM with zeal. This was a greater reward than promotions. But that’s not the end of the story. The CIO watched me and so did my bosses boss. They were followers of GOD and I didn’t know it. I was later promoted to areas I never would have believed.

  • Are you ready to throw in the towel with GOD?
  • Do you think you have to change or compromise your values?
  • Are you so desperate for money or success that you are thinking of giving up on GOD?
  • Can you choose GOD today?
  • Will you continue to walk down the path with GOD no matter how rocky it may seem?


No comments:

Post a Comment