Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Taking Grace Lightly

Nehemiah 9: 30 For many years you were patient with them. By your Spirit you warned them through your prophets. Yet they paid no attention, so you gave them into the hands of the neighboring peoples. 31 But in your great mercy you did not put an end to them or abandon them, for you are a gracious and merciful God.

============

“It’s just this once, GOD won’t mind” was my thought as I chose to sin that day. When nothing bad happened to me, I decided to do it again a few months later. Then when problems hit I tried to straighten up.  I cleaned up my act for a while but soon looked over the fence at my sin and wondered if GOD would mind if I indulged.

  • Sometimes I sin knowing GOD doesn’t want me to sin.
  • Sometimes I sin and try to justify my sin.
  • Sometimes I sin and say to myself “I’ve been good in other areas of my life, I deserve this.”


Sin is a battle all humans face and lose miserable. If I say I have not sin, I am lying. GOD sees my heart and know it is corrupted with the same sin Adam was tainted with. What am I to do?

  • GOD saw my sin and forgave it through the death of HIS SON.
  • GOD saw my behavior before I was made and decided to make me anyway and die for me.
  • GOD saw my choices way in advance and removed my sins away from me through HIS SON.


Belief in JESUS is not a license for me to sin. In fact my belief says I need to focus on GOD’s ways as much as possible. I should give my thoughts over to HIM daily and move towards HIM step by step.

  • Are you sinning?
  • Are you trying to manipulate GOD by your righteousness?
  • Can you admit to GOD you are a sinner and allow HIM to guide you instead of thinking you know the answer?
  • Can you turn your life over to HIM a little at a time today?


No comments:

Post a Comment