Monday, November 24, 2014

A Time of Thanksgiving

Nehemiah 12: 43 And on that day they offered great sacrifices, rejoicing because God had given them great joy. The women and children also rejoiced. The sound of rejoicing in Jerusalem could be heard far away.

============

Things seemed to break daily. Setback after setback, we kept plodding along until one day we were finished. I mean, it was over. No more extremely late nights. No more scratching my head wondering if this thing will ever be finished. All of us went out and celebrated.

  • When I finish a large project I celebrate.
  • When I get through a huge trial I celebrate.
  • When I move past a large obstacle I celebrate.


Celebration is only natural when I get over the hump, but can be quite difficult if I haven’t quite made it there. If I am still in the trial and everyone else is celebrating, I can feel a little down. BUT GOD wants me to see what HE is doing.

  • GOD wants me to celebrate HIS daily victories rather than waiting on a big ending.
  • GOD wants me to celebrate HIS moment by moment victories rather than waiting on seeing things as I expected.
  • GOD wants me to celebrate HIS tiny victories rather than waiting on the huge battle scene at the end of the movie.


Seeing GOD on a daily basis is what HE wants from me. HE wants me to celebrate HIM with praise for the mundane just as much as getting through a large trial. In fact, the more I praise HIM the easier it is to get through the trial.

  • Do you feel like pouting right now?
  • Do you think celebration is not for you right now?
  • Can you stop looking at your situation for a moment and celebrate GOD?
  • Will you slow down enough to see what GOD is doing around you and appreciate where HE has you right now?


No comments:

Post a Comment