Friday, June 12, 2015

A Cure for Waiting

Psalm:“Will the Lord reject forever?
    Will he never show his favor again?
Has his unfailing love vanished forever?
    Has his promise failed for all time?
Has God forgotten to be merciful?
    Has he in anger withheld his compassion?”
10 Then I thought, “To this I will appeal:
    the years when the Most High stretched out his right hand.
11 I will remember the deeds of the Lord;
    yes, I will remember your miracles of long ago.
12 I will consider all your works
    and meditate on all your mighty deeds.”


============

Bible babble was the last thing I wanted to talk about. It seemed like the people in my immediate circle knew so much more than me and when I opened my mouth, there was always a correction or added information.

The Bible was “their” Bible and knowing it was “their” thing. One day I read it and it peaked my curiosity. But as soon as I got to know the people in the Bible, my faith waned. I mean it was “their” experiences, what does this have to do with me?

  • Looking at church goers can sometimes cause me to compare my life to theirs.
  • Reading the Bible can sometimes cause me to compare my life to the experiences of others.
  • Living around other people can sometimes cause me to compare my stuff to my neighbors.


I soon found that I didn’t measure up to the standards of the churchy people who could quote scripture and argue their knowledge. I stopped going to church and GOD brought me back. HE opened my eyes and took me though some amazing times. I now had my own experiences from which I could draw from. Now when I read the Bible I can see a different set of words that were always there. I can see GOD talking to “me” rather than spouting out rules.

  • When I am anxious GOD wants me to remember what HE brought me through in the past.
  • When I am scared GOD wants me to remember how HE delivered me from many near death situations.
  • When I am confused and feel like giving up GOD wants me to remember the times that HE rescued me from extreme circumstances.


GOD is my all and all. HE has delivered me from so many dangers, toils and snares. HE has protected me, led me and loved me over and over and over again. HE has NEVER let me stay down and has ALWAYS stayed with me, feeling worse for me than I feel for myself. GOD wants me to remember HIS might, remember HIS deeds and remember HIS miracles.

When I consider all of GOD’s works it helps me wait because I know HIS plan is greater than anything I could ever think of.

  • Are you in a waiting period?
  • Do you want to be finished with “this” trial?
  • Instead of waiting, can you take a moment and meditate on what GOD has done in your life?


No comments:

Post a Comment