Thursday, June 4, 2015

All Eyes on Who?


Psalm 71:For you have been my hope, Sovereign Lord,
    my confidence since my youth.
From birth I have relied on you;
    you brought me forth from my mother’s womb.
    I will ever praise you.
I have become a sign to many;
    you are my strong refuge.
My mouth is filled with your praise,
    declaring your splendor all day long.

============

Gleaming smiles caught my attention from the two girls looking in my direction. My friend and I were riding a crowded bus home after a long tiring day at school. I decided to show my chivalry by giving one of the onlookers my seat and my friend did the same. The one who stared the most opened her mouth and asked me a question. “Hey boy…” I got excited! “What’s your friend’s name?”

  • In the past I wanted to be noticed.
  • In the past I wanted to get accolades
  • In the past I wanted to receive high honor awards.


I didn’t want to be on TV, I just wanted to be noticed. I got tired of being overlooked and wanted some recognition. I combed my hair, changed my clothes and added humor to my language. I was not to be ignored. Then it happened, I was the center of attention. But what was my message, more of me. There has to something more to my life than pointing to my accomplishments.

  • When I point my life to GOD there is no failure.
  • When I point my life to GOD there is no embarrassment.
  • When I point my life to GOD there is no calamity.


When I accept GOD’s plan and HIS sovereign will, I can never say “look at me” or “look at what I did.” I must give credit to GOD and keep my praise of HIM even rather than up and down. I will praise HIM in high times and in low. Instead of pointing to me, I will point to HIM with praise, no matter what’s going on.

  • Are you trying to hide?
  • Do you feel embarrassed about something?
  • Can you stop pointing at yourself for a minute and point people to GOD?
  • Will you accept where HE has you and view “praise” as the prize rather than your future rescue story?
  • Will you stop trying to feel special and know you ‘are’ special to GOD?

No comments:

Post a Comment