Psalm 83: 18 Let them know that you, whose name is the Lord—
Sitting at the lunch table I engaged in the debate of GOD’s existence and why JESUS is of utmost importance. I wasn’t very equipped but tried to answer their hidden agenda questions. I fumbled through my answers. Another time a very known religious group rang my doorbell and challenged my knowledge of the Bible. I fumbled through my answers. “I know… I’ll go to Bible school so I can argue with these people” I said to myself, tired of getting beat up in these debates.
- At one time I used to think GOD needed me to prove HIS existence.
- At one time I used to think GOD needed me to argue what’s right and what’s wrong.
- At one time I used to think GOD needed me to debate with people with other “religious” views.
This chapter was extremely harsh in that the writer was asking for calamity of his enemies who laugh at GOD and mock HIM. It reminded me of the times I faced people who refused to turn their face to GOD and I felt I had to say something in HIS defense. Looking back I see it was my faith that was in question not theirs.
- GOD wants me to have enough faith in HIM to deliver a message of love rather than proving someone to be “wrong.”
- GOD wants me to have enough faith in HIM to plant seeds of love in people rather than arguing and proving them “wrong.”
- GOD wants me to have enough faith in HIM to allow people to be who they are and to open my mouth and say “I believe” and let that be enough.
GOD does not need me to prove HIS existence, nor does HE need me to prove JESUS, who is GOD, died for me. GOD wants my faith to rely in HIM and HE wants me to prove HIS existence through showing “love” for my neighbor. Once I stopped arguing I noticed a strange thing, people started asking questions about my relationship with GOD. HE delivered people to me to love and they now follow HIM because GOD draws people to HIMSELF.
- Do you feel you need to argue GOD’s existence?
- Do you need to debate the existence of demons and angels?
- Can you ask GOD if HE wants you to do that?
- Will you have the faith to open your mouth and simply say “I believe in GOD” rather than fighting?