Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Mouth Full of Heart

Psalm 89: 14 Righteousness and justice are the foundation of your throne;
    love and faithfulness go before you.
15 Blessed are those who have learned to acclaim you,
    who walk in the light of your presence, Lord.
16 They rejoice in your name all day long;
    they celebrate your righteousness.
17 For you are their glory and strength,
    and by your favor you exalt our horn.
18 Indeed, our shield belongs to the Lord,

    our king to the Holy One of Israel.

============

Standing around the group a person passed by and we commented about their body parts. Of course I joined in. When I moved on to another group they were complaining. Of course I joined in. When I moved on to yet another group, all they talked about was houses, cars and expensive stuff. Of course I joined in. But one day I found myself talking about all of the above to someone who didn’t want to hear it. “What have I become” ran through my mind.

  • The crowd actually doesn’t make me do anything that isn’t already there.
  • The crowd actually doesn’t steer my heart, my heart joins the crowd.
  • The crowd actually doesn’t change my heart because it already has the enough stuff in it.


It’s amazing how fast a complaint or doubt, or lust for will come out of my mouth. I mean when I look back at the tawdry words that proliferated from my mouth, I am amazed I haven’t been zapped down. GOD wants me to act different.

  • GOD says to me “The mouth is like a rudder” so I must choose my words carefully.
  • GOD says to me “The tongue is very difficult to tame” so I must find the root of my words.
  • GOD says to me “The heart is desperately wicked” so I must ask HIM to cleanse it.


My words actually come from my heart. Every word spoken is not a product of “the crowd” rather it is from something that was already there in the first place. Fortunately for me there is hope. There is a cure. GOD says to me “Ask for a clean heart and watch me work.” I get so busy asking for stuff and situations to be cleared that I forget to ask HIM to make me more like HE is.

HIS heart transplant changes my words. I find myself acclaiming who HE is and rejoicing HIM in the middle of trouble. HE is my glory, my strength, and my shield. I walk with no fear on earth because I fear the LORD.

  • Do you find yourself complaining?
  • Are your words full of lust or worry?
  • Do you feel you have to join in on crass conversations?
  • Can you modify your words to speak for the kingdom?
  • Will you praise GOD for an entire day without a worry or complaint?


No comments:

Post a Comment