Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Reset Expectations


Psalm 75:It is God who judges:
    He brings one down, he exalts another.
In the hand of the Lord is a cup
    full of foaming wine mixed with spices;
he pours it out, and all the wicked of the earth
    drink it down to its very dregs.
As for me, I will declare this forever;
    I will sing praise to the God of Jacob,
10 who says, “I will cut off the horns of all the wicked,
    but the horns of the righteous will be lifted up.”


============

“Look at ‘those’ people” is what I thought to myself. I mean “they” are blatantly sinning by doing , not admitting any of my own. Maybe if “they” would just stop sinning then “their” problems would go away was my thought.

  • When I think other people are sinning I don’t look at my own sins.
  • When I look at what someone else is doing I ignore my own sins.
  • When I talk about someone else I overlook my own sins.


Comparing myself to a class of sinner is real easy and quite honestly it feels good. I mean “they” are doing so much wrong and “I” am over here doing right! GOD should be patting me on the back and raising me up to be… well, the highest HE has raised me! Wrong!

  • It is GOD who judges and what I sometimes overlook is I am in the mud.
  • It is GOD who brings one down and exalts another and what I sometimes overlook is I do not deserve to be raised up.
  • It is GOD who chooses and what I sometimes overlook is HE chose me in the middle of my sins.


GOD is the ultimate forgiver! HIS grace and mercy are unmatched. But my sinful mind sometimes expects HIM to raise me up to a certain level. Faith “is” the substance of things hoped for the evidence of things not seen and I must put my faith in GOD. HE chooses how high I should be at a certain time to reach HIS people.

My expectations should not be on “how high” HE raises me, but “who” should I be talking to now that I am where I am. I will declare GOD’s righteousness forever, I will sing praises to the GOD of Jacob.

  • Are you comparing yourself to others?
  • Do you think you should be “higher” than you are?
  • Can you stop trying to get raised up and seek the purpose of why GOD has you where you are?
  • Will you become content and accept GOD’s calling on your life to reach the people HE is bringing to you at this level?
  • Will you praise HIM for where HE has you and that HE has a special purpose for you?


No comments:

Post a Comment