Thursday, June 18, 2015

Wouldn’t it be nice to have all enemies subdued?

Psalm 81: 13 “If my people would only listen to me,
    if Israel would only follow my ways,
14 how quickly I would subdue their enemies
    and turn my hand against their foes!
15 Those who hate the Lord would cringe before him,
    and their punishment would last forever.
16 But you would be fed with the finest of wheat;
    with honey from the rock I would satisfy you.”

============

Wouldn’t it be great to be free from fear, pain, doubt, lust, deception, misunderstanding, pride, covetousness and more? When I look at the list it actually grows longer the more I read. If I could just be sinless then GOD would subdue my enemies, right? Well, sort of…

  • I have heard from many people that life can be lived sinless..
  • I have heard from many people that they believe they have dropped all of their sins.
  • I have heard from many people who feel they are righteous because they have minimal problems so those who have many problems must be sinners.


What a burden! I mean seeking a god who is ready to drop me at a moment’s notice once I sin! This is very bad news because my thoughts are sinful and I complain to GOD about HIS ways. “I’m really in trouble” I thought to myself. BUT GOD said something very different.

  • GOD said to me “MY thoughts are not your thoughts. MY ways are not your ways.”
  • GOD said to me “MY grace IS sufficient.”
  • GOD said to me “There no one who is righteous, no not one.”
  • GOD said to me “Confess your sins to ME and I will be faithful and just to forgive your sins and cleanse you of ALL unrighteousness.”


If I say I am not a sinner I am a liar to myself and to GOD. HE wants me to realize I need HIM daily and there is no humanly escape for sin because I was born a sinner. No matter how righteous I pretend to be, I will never be righteous enough to “please GOD.” What can I do?

GOD wants me to trust HIS plan for me. HE decided to become a human and be blamed for my sins. HE was falsely accused of what I did and sentenced to death. Then, I turned to HIM and blamed HIM for my situation, casting more sins at HIM. HE said “Forgive them for they do not know what they are doing” and HE was right.

GOD wants me to believe HE has the best in mind for me. HE wants me to trust HIS plan and understand the HE was VICTORIOUSLY raised to life and put above everything! HE wants me to believe and trust!

  • Do you think you can persuade GOD with your righteousness?
  • Can you stop trying so hard to please GOD and simply follow HIS ways because you love HIM?
  • Will you drop the pretense of being righteous and tell people about your sin so they will turn to GOD?


No comments:

Post a Comment