Friday, June 5, 2015

You are Special

Psalm 72: 12 For he will deliver the needy who cry out,
    the afflicted who have no one to help.
13 He will take pity on the weak and the needy
    and save the needy from death.
14 He will rescue them from oppression and violence,
    for precious is their blood in his sight.

-------

18 Praise be to the Lord God, the God of Israel,
    who alone does marvelous deeds.
19 Praise be to his glorious name forever;
    may the whole earth be filled with his glory.
Amen and Amen.

============

Exhilaration was the feeling as I pedaled faster and faster. I would zoom out of the alley faster than I have ever had before then turn into the street. My bike riding skills were not as good at the time and as I turned into the street at full speed I hit the curb on the opposite side, flipped over the handle bars and landed on hard dirt. Scraped up and bruised I cried out but no one was around. Why did this “happen” to me?

  • There are times when stuff happens.
  • There are times when I make decisions and they don’t work out as planned.
  • There are times when I get bumped and bruised.


Why does the question “Why” come to mind when something goes wrong? I mean when I look back on all the times I asked “Why” there has been a good reason. But sometimes I get stuck in asking “Why” then that leads me to other questions which make me question “Does GOD even care” or “Am I special to HIM?” These are childish times where I am looking for answers and quick fixes. BUT GOD wants me to know HE is there.

  • GOD says to me “I deeply care for you.”
  • GOD says to me “Your blood is precious to ME.”
  • GOD says to me “I made you for a special purpose; do not let the world take you away from MY purpose for you.”


What does a childishly bad biking decision have to do with life… everything! In life stuff will happen and as a child I would question or blame or doubt GOD’s love. BUT GOD stays with me through all the pain and helps me back on the bicycle of life. With torn pants and bloody knee, I got back on the bike, dried my eyes and rode around the block again and again, this time with more experience. GOD not only saves me, HE grows me.

  • Are you being bumped around by life?
  • Have you fallen off your bicycle of life and lost your exhilaration?
  • Can you ask GOD to put the wind back in your sails and get back on your bicycle with joy?
  • Will you accept the situation and allow GOD to heal your wounds?


No comments:

Post a Comment