Thursday, August 6, 2015

Daily Excitement

Psalm 116:I love the Lord, for he heard my voice;
    he heard my cry for mercy.
Because he turned his ear to me,
    I will call on him as long as I live.
The cords of death entangled me,
    the anguish of the grave came over me;
    I was overcome by distress and sorrow.
Then I called on the name of the Lord:
    Lord, save me!”
The Lord is gracious and righteous;
    our God is full of compassion.
The Lord protects the unwary;

    when I was brought low, he saved me.
Return to your rest, my soul,
    for the Lord has been good to you.
For you, Lord, have delivered me from death,
    my eyes from tears,
    my feet from stumbling,
that I may walk before the Lord
    in the land of the living.

============

Clouds overhead made it glum and it seemed like that was the beginning of my mood. “Why is it raining?” I asked in futility. I asked to borrow a car instead of taking the bus and my brother relented. The car was old and each time I shut the engine off I would have to open the hood and hotwire it to start it. No, it wasn’t stolen, the ignition just didn’t work well. “Why?”, was my question all day as things fell apart one by one.

  • Sometimes I allow the weather to guide my mood.
  • Sometimes I ask “why” on things I cannot control.
  • Sometimes I let my mood be affected by my surroundings.


I met someone who absolutely loved storms. This person loved the rain and its purpose. That fascinated me and soon I looked at the rain differently. I saw purpose in the rain and GOD’s hand on the storm. I saw HIS power in what looked like destruction and might in what seemed to be devastation. GOD wanted me to see a different view.

  • GOD wants me to be excited every day so I must change my mind when I think something is glum.
  • GOD wants me to see HIS power during a storm rather than complaining about the storm.
  • GOD wants me to call on HIM rather than complaining to HIM, this shows I trust in HIS way, HIS time and HIS power.


When I started seeing GOD in everything, I noticed I could handle the day a little better. Knowing GOD is at work makes me understand HE has compassion, HE is gracious and righteous. GOD saved me and my soul can rest instead of waiting for the perfect circumstance.

  • Are you waiting?
  • Do you want out of your circumstance?
  • Can you recognize GOD’s wonderful might through the storm?

No comments:

Post a Comment