Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Protected From Liars

Psalm 120:I call on the Lord in my distress,
    and he answers me.
Save me, Lord,
    from lying lips
    and from deceitful tongues.

============

“That will be about $1500” the dentist said as I looked dismayed. “Would you like me to take care of that now?” she asked. Something didn’t feel right about what she was saying. In fact my whole being felt alarms go off. “No, not right now” was my reply. I took my, so called, cracked tooth to another dentist and they did not find any problem. The new dentist cleaned my teeth and any pain I felt went away. “Your insurance will cover that” he said.

  • There are times where I have lied.
  • There are times when I felt I had to protect myself at all costs.
  • There are times in which I have not stated the truth in order to get my way.


“Lying lips” are something GOD does not like. HE cannot stand when I lie to someone, especially to get my way. Lying is the ultimate form of manipulation. Even lying to myself causes problems between me and GOD. HE can see through any delusion I put up about someone or some situation. HE drills down to the core when it comes to lying.

  • GOD wants me to tell the truth to others and to myself so I can worship HIM in spirit and TRUTH.
  • GOD wants me to believe HE will protect me from those who lie about me or slander me or try to get the best of me.
  • GOD wants me to know HE will protect me from liars and HE does not want me to be included in the lying.


“Put off your childish ways” is what GOD says to me. When I was a child, I would tell my parents “I don’t know” when I fully knew what I did, yet got caught. BUT GOD wanted me to grow up and to face my mistakes. HE wants me to be able to confess my wrongs, knowing HIS grace is on the other side of admittance. GOD not only protects me from lies, HE pursues those who attack me. I do not want to be pursued by GOD for lying. GOD answers my prayers of protection.

  • Are you being deceived?
  • Are you deceiving someone?
  • Can you ask GOD for forgiveness of your deceit, even the deceit you have about yourself?
  • Will you ask GOD to protect you from liars and to heal you from lying?


No comments:

Post a Comment