Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Each Request has to be Blessed

Psalm 127:Unless the Lord builds the house,
    the builders labor in vain.
Unless the Lord watches over the city,
    the guards stand watch in vain.
In vain you rise early
    and stay up late,
toiling for food to eat—
    for he grants sleep to those he loves.

============

Broken glass and missing tapes were the only evidence of my problem. It took me years to collect this group of sounds. I started over. I locked my car like a warden and hid my collection under the seat. Five years of amassing a wealth of music, broken glass, a dent and missing tapes showed that my efforts of protecting my precious melodies were in vain.

  • Sometimes I think “I” can protect “my” wealth.
  • Sometimes I think “I” can protect “my” possessions.
  • Sometimes I think “I” can protect “my” ideas.


Many times I have run into situations where “I” thought “I” could think my way out. I would plan, put contingencies in place and execute my plan only to have that plan fail. I roll around on the ground asking “what went wrong?” GOD answered.

  • GOD says to me “Unless you include ME in your plans first, they will not succeed."
  • GOD says to me “The bigger the plan the more reliance you will have on ME.”
  • GOD says to me “Don’t worry about stuff that can rust or moths can eat, think of ME.”


Having a relationship with GOD is so much more important than getting “my” way. When GOD is involved in my life, my plans become HIS. When HIS plans are enacted, no one or nothing can stop them. Unless GOD is involved, my labor is in vain, but when GOD is involved the fruit is plentiful!

  • Are you losing sleep?
  • Do you feel exhausted?
  • Can you give your efforts over to GOD and let HIM solve the problem?
  • Will you take your hands off the situation and stop thinking you have to be in control?
  • Will you be content with GOD’s way of solving the problem?


No comments:

Post a Comment