Thursday, August 6, 2015

Earthly Needs are Met Too


Psalm: 12 The Lord remembers us and will bless us:
    He will bless his people Israel,
    he will bless the house of Aaron,
13 he will bless those who fear the Lord
    small and great alike.
14 May the Lord cause you to flourish,
    both you and your children.
15 May you be blessed by the Lord,

    the Maker of heaven and earth.

============

Bored, my mind began to drift. “When will this be over?” I said with the thought of excruciating pain. I mean it’s bad enough that I have to be here in church, but do I have to listen to this “old” person drone on and on? I have important things to think about and whatever these people are talking about doesn’t seem to help “my” situation! They don’t know what “I’m” going through, I said as I was about to enter high school.

  • Sometimes I think GOD only cares about heaven.
  • Sometimes I think JESUS only cares about salvation.
  • Sometimes I think the HOLY SPIRIT was placed in me to watch me like “big brother” and catch me in my sins.


What a dismal view of GOD, the ultimate blamer and the ultimate punisher. I saw GOD how I saw life at that time. I felt alone and directionless with no guide to pave my path. BUT GOD had a plan that I was unaware of.

  • GOD saw me lying in the dust and picked me up.
  • JESUS numbered the hairs on my head and walked “with” me though troubled times.
  • The HOLY SPIRIT lived through every sin I ever did and begged for forgiveness on my behalf


FATHER, SON and HOLY SPIRIT are ONE GOD, not separate entities as I write about each. GOD cares about my day to day activities just as much as HE cares about my eternal health. HE wants me to live a sinless life but understands when I can’t. HE is full of grace, full of love and full of mercy. JESUS said “It is finished!” GOD said “MY grace is sufficient ‘for you’.” GOD made me to flourish in heaven and earth.

  • Do you think GOD has left you?
  • Do you think GOD is not listening to you because HE is punishing you or because you are wrong?
  • Can you focus on GOD’s grace?
  • Will you allow GOD to heal your heart by accepting the fact that HE loves you? 


No comments:

Post a Comment