Monday, August 24, 2015

Not Missed Until it is Gone

Psalm126:4 Restore our fortunes, Lord,
    like streams in the Negev.
Those who sow with tears
    will reap with songs of joy.
Those who go out weeping,
    carrying seed to sow,
will return with songs of joy,
    carrying sheaves with them.

============

Embarrassed but content was how I felt about my mustard yellow rust bucket of a car. The front end was torn to pieces and the headlights didn’t want to work at the same time. I would shrink away from those who would laugh at it, sometimes wanting a car that looked better. When the accident happened, I was back on foot. “Man I wish I had my rust bucket back.”

  • When I complain about something, I am not appreciating it.
  • When I complain about something, I think I deserve something better.
  • When I complain about something, I look at the complaint as justified.


Instead of being grateful, my embarrassment turned into frustration, which lead to complaining. When my car was gone, I could no longer complain about it. I was back on foot, without the means to get around. GOD doesn’t like complaining. I have never seen an instance where GOD looked at complaining as an endearing quality. In fact, HE took things away from complainers leaving them begging for the little they had.

When GOD wipes out fortunes HE isn’t being mean or hateful. HE wants and deserves thankfulness for what HE has given me. HE deserves all the credit for anything HE provides.

  • GOD provides for me and I should praise HIM for the little before I can praise HIM for plenty.
  • GOD can give or take away the fortune HE has for me because it is HIS in the first place.
  • GOD restores to who HE pleases, when HE pleases and it is up to me to be content wherever HE has me.


Worries seem to hover around money. I mean when I don’t have enough, I worry about bills. When I have too much I worry about losing it and spend an exorbitant amount of time protecting it. GOD says to me, “I AM your fortune. Seek ME first and I will provide your needs.” GOD restores and I am grateful!

  • Has GOD wiped away your fortune?
  • Do you feel like you are in a hole financially?
  • Can you place your total trust in GOD instead of looking at riches?
  • Will you follow HIS plan for you so HE can restore you fully at HIS time?


No comments:

Post a Comment