Monday, August 3, 2015

Odd Path to Praise

Psalm 113:Praise the Lord.
Praise the Lord, you his servants;
    praise the name of the Lord.
Let the name of the Lord be praised,
    both now and forevermore.
From the rising of the sun to the place where it sets,
    the name of the Lord is to be praised.
The Lord is exalted over all the nations,
    his glory above the heavens.
Who is like the Lord our God,
    the One who sits enthroned on high,
who stoops down to look
    on the heavens and the earth?
He raises the poor from the dust
    and lifts the needy from the ash heap;
he seats them with princes,
    with the princes of his people.
He settles the childless woman in her home
    as a happy mother of children.
Praise the Lord.

============

As I watched the plane takeoff I felt like I was going to lose my job as the partner of the company sat with an empty seat next to him that was supposed to be mine. As I watched my finger being stitched I felt the pain racing through my body due to me touching the end of my hedge trimmers. As I picked up the pieces of my totaled car I wondered how I was going to get to work that day or any day for that matter.

  • There are times where I am shocked by life.
  • There are times where it seems like things go wrong in my life.
  • There are times when I look out and see nothing but the immediate calamity.


Problems can sometimes seem very hard and harsh. My mind starts racing and I quickly try to figure out a solution but sometimes I can’t think of one. When the problem hits I have two choices, blame GOD or praise HIM.

  • GOD wants me to have a relationship with HIM where there is no blaming HIM for the way HE loves me.
  • GOD wants me to understand that “blame” is one of the problems HE would like to fix within me so HE can replace it with grace.
  • GOD wants me to know without a shadow of a doubt that HE always has my best interest in mind and HE does not need to be manipulated.


GOD knew every situation HE has taken me through and looking back I am very glad I went through each. My blinded eye on that I placed on the job with the partner would have left me at a place that no longer exists. My fingers are still wiggling even though they could have been cut off and the totaled car was a death trap and my roommate and I walked away without a scratch.

I have a lot to praise GOD for and I have learned over the years that the sooner I can praise HIM the better. GOD deserves my praise no matter what because HE is guiding me to a better place!

  • Are you blaming GOD or praising HIM?
  • Are you looking at your situation or looking at GOD?
  • Are you ready to grow or has the last situation taken you down?
  • Can you praise GOD today in the middle of your storm, knowing HE has an awesome plan for you?


No comments:

Post a Comment