Psalm 113: 1 Praise the Lord.
As I watched the plane takeoff I felt like I was going to lose my job as the partner of the company sat with an empty seat next to him that was supposed to be mine. As I watched my finger being stitched I felt the pain racing through my body due to me touching the end of my hedge trimmers. As I picked up the pieces of my totaled car I wondered how I was going to get to work that day or any day for that matter.
- There are times where I am shocked by life.
- There are times where it seems like things go wrong in my life.
- There are times when I look out and see nothing but the immediate calamity.
Problems can sometimes seem very hard and harsh. My mind starts racing and I quickly try to figure out a solution but sometimes I can’t think of one. When the problem hits I have two choices, blame GOD or praise HIM.
- GOD wants me to have a relationship with HIM where there is no blaming HIM for the way HE loves me.
- GOD wants me to understand that “blame” is one of the problems HE would like to fix within me so HE can replace it with grace.
- GOD wants me to know without a shadow of a doubt that HE always has my best interest in mind and HE does not need to be manipulated.
GOD knew every situation HE has taken me through and looking back I am very glad I went through each. My blinded eye on that I placed on the job with the partner would have left me at a place that no longer exists. My fingers are still wiggling even though they could have been cut off and the totaled car was a death trap and my roommate and I walked away without a scratch.
I have a lot to praise GOD for and I have learned over the years that the sooner I can praise HIM the better. GOD deserves my praise no matter what because HE is guiding me to a better place!
- Are you blaming GOD or praising HIM?
- Are you looking at your situation or looking at GOD?
- Are you ready to grow or has the last situation taken you down?
- Can you praise GOD today in the middle of your storm, knowing HE has an awesome plan for you?