Friday, August 7, 2015

Short and to the Point


Psalm 117:Praise the Lord, all you nations;
    extol him, all you peoples.
For great is his love toward us,
    and the faithfulness of the Lord endures forever.
Praise the Lord.


============

Shocked at the brevity of this chapter the words stand out that much more.

  • GOD wants me to praise HIM on a daily basis for this reduces complaints.
  • GOD wants me to extol HIM for this helps me recognize HIS great love towards me and to see HIS endless faithfulness towards supporting me.
  • GOD wants me to praise HIM to remove the thing that makes me not want to praise HIM.


Something blocks me from praising GOD sometimes. Whether it is a circumstance that I’m pouting at or a sin that I have just committed, there are times I just don’t feel like praising GOD. BUT GOD understands. HE is not arrogant or needy. HE knows that when I can wake up and praise HIM, my stony heart will melt to see HIM as HE is, full of love for me. Praise GOD for HIS mercy!

  • Are you feeling lost?
  • Do you feel like you cannot praise GOD because of your circumstance?
  • Do you know HE understands and does not have pressured expectations of you?
  • Will you flow like a river today and allow GOD to do HIS thing?
  • Will you open your mouth today and praise GOD with audible words?


No comments:

Post a Comment