Friday, August 28, 2015

Waiting Takes Patience

Psalm 130:Out of the depths I cry to you, Lord;
    Lord, hear my voice.
Let your ears be attentive
    to my cry for mercy.
If you, Lord, kept a record of sins,
    Lord, who could stand?
But with you there is forgiveness,
    so that we can, with reverence, serve you.
I wait for the Lord, my whole being waits,
    and in his word I put my hope.
I wait for the Lord

    more than watchmen wait for the morning,
    more than watchmen wait for the morning.
Israel, put your hope in the Lord,
    for with the Lord is unfailing love
    and with him is full redemption.
He himself will redeem Israel
    from all their sins.

============

It was a normal game of hide and seek and this may have been my first time. I ran to some close location and hid partially, anticipating the “seeker” to go and look for others. As I stuck my head out from a bush, I was immediately caught. “You have to have patience” is what someone told me. “Waiting takes too long” I replied.

  • When I want something I sometimes cannot wait.
  • When I am seeking something I sometimes cannot wait.
  • When I desire something I sometimes cannot wait.


Multiply my impatience by one thousand when it comes to, what I call a crisis. When I perceive things going wrong, I spring into action planning, executing mitigation and yes, praying. Sometimes I get immediate response and sometimes the response comes years later. I don’t like waiting for years!

  • GOD says to me “Wait on the LORD” which requires patience.
  • GOD says to me “MY strength is made perfect in your weakness” which requires fortitude.
  • GOD says to me “Do not be afraid for I AM with you always” which requires trust.


Rifling through my mind, trying to remember my sins is a waste of time, especially when I am forgiven. If GOD reacted to every one of my sins I would never have come out of my mother’s womb. Yes HE wants me to sin “less” so I can trust “more.” HE wants me to wait on HIS delivery without throwing in the towel on HIM. GOD is where my hope lies.

  • Are you impatient?
  • Do you think GOD has left you or forgotten you?
  • Can you remember that HE said HE would NEVER leave you nor forsake you?
  • Will you continue to place your hope in GOD no matter how misguided it is?

No comments:

Post a Comment